Wow! I cannot believe that Son & I have been married for 4 years! It seems like just yesterday that I was packing up all my things and my dad was driving me halfway across the country (literally) for what was supposed to be a short-term training position…and here we are, 6 1/2 years later :)
There are so many reasons that I love my hubby, that I could sit here writing for hours…but since I only have about 15 minutes until nap time ends, here is a summary of 10 of the top reasons that Son is so AWESOME!!
1. He puts God first in everything he does! (And his family is a very close #2)
2. He is the most wonderful father I could ever imagine! I seriously don’t know what I would do without him. So many times he has seen me frustrated, unable to think of the right thing to do to make Collin happy, and come along and had the perfect answer/suggestion to the situation. He is also a strong calming influence…I have a tendency to panic - “Oh no, Collin was supposed to eat at 4:00 and it’s now 4:15 and he’s not eating anything, what am I going to do, my baby is starving to death!” And then Son will be the voice of reason saying, “Maybe he’s just not hungry yet. Try again later.”
3. He is passionate! Let’s just say that if you have ever met Son you probably know how passionate he is about FSU Football…and he is just that passionate about other things as well. I love this about him, that he can care so deeply about something!
4. He is always making me laugh! And everyone else around us too :) He is also a practical jokester & is teaching this to Collin as well. Several times I have gone to turn on the kitchen sink and been sprayed with water because “Collin” put a rubber band around the sprayer handle.
5. He is outgoing! I really have a hard time being shy sometimes, and I can always count on my hubby to break the ice for me in a new situation or around new people until I can warm up.
6. He views our marriage as a partnership! He is without a doubt the head of our household, but he exercises that authority in a loving and gentle way…always asking for my input and relying on me to take care of so many of the day-to-day decisions and functions for our family. He makes it easy on me to be the submissive wife God calls us to be :)
7. He always shows & tells me how much he appreciates me! Even more so since I have been home with Collin. I think every day he comes home and tells me something sweet like, “you are such a great mom/wife” or “thanks for getting the dry cleaning/doing laundry/cooking dinner” or “the house looks great”. Hearing that just makes me want to try even harder the next day!
8. He made me a mother! Enough said – the most amazing gift ever!
9. He is smart! Much smarter than I am…let’s just say that if he hadn’t helped me out measuring the yard & house to design our sprinkler system that I would still be out there with the tape measure trying to get it al to add up :)
10. He is all mine! He is so committed to me and to our family that I never have to worry about the future. I know that no matter what happens or what I do that he loves me unconditionally and he will be right here beside me for the rest of our lives.
Here are some pics of me & my Prince Charming :)
When Son & I were first starting to date seriously my mom asked me to send her a picture of him so she could see who it was that I was always talking about…Son’s idea was to take a picture of him holding Beau-Beau since my mom loved Beau so much that surely if she saw Beau loved Son that she would love him too :) I think it worked!
One of our first big weekends together – traveling to Gainesville for a friend’s wedding. That’s where I met all of his college friends and his brother for the first time!
Our rehearsal dinner (left) and our first dance (right).
The Vietnamese wedding ceremony :)
Our honeymoon in Turks & Caicos
A trip to Pensacola shortly after we were married to see the Blue Angels show & visit with Son’s family.
Our cruise vacation in January 2008!
So excited to meet Collin!
Our first family picture!
The past 4 years have been a dream-come-true for me – and I cannot wait to see what happens next!