Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Signs You May Be 6 Months Pregnant...

I have really enjoyed being pregnant so far, and it honestly has been easy for me. I know that many people have a terrible time with morning sickness and other issues - but fortunately I haven't had to deal with much of this at all. God has blessed us with a healthy baby, and has blessed me with an amazing experience over the past several months. With that being said, I thought I would share some of the things I have noticed lately that are out of the ordinary for me...

1. You cry (a lot) during the opening scene of Madagascar 2 when the baby lion is separated from it's father and consider leaving the theatre if it gets any worse.

2. A "good night sleep" means not having to get up more than 3 times to go to the bathroom during the night.

3. You have really weird dreams almost every night (I dream quite frequently that when the baby comes out, it is our dog Beau!)

4. You find your self completing "Nesting" activities that you never thought about before - such as cleaning out the back of the closet in the guest bedroom, or separating your craft supplies into organized Tupperware containers, or vacuuming behind the bed between the wall.

5. Shaving your legs in the shower has become almost impossible.

I wouldn't trade it for the world, but this has been a unique experience to say the least.

Anyways, we are also in the middle of getting the baby's room ready. We drove back from Texas this weekend with a U-Haul Trailer full of furniture and other baby "necessities" that need to find a place in our house. My friend Rachel has started helping me on the design for the nursery (you can see her ideas at http://thehotpinkpolka-dot.blogspot.com/). Son and I are going to get everything out of the room on Thursday so that we can start painting & move everything in (if it all fits!)

Who would have thought that someone so little would need so much stuff!!

1 comments:

Angela said...

This is hilarious! You are so cute :)