Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quick Note

This past weekend really flew by! We had a lot planned, and had a great time - here is a run-down of what we did:

Friday Night - Son's mom, twin brother, Quoc, our sister-in-law, Kim, and their daughter, Lilo, cam in town to visit us!! We went over to a family friend's house for dinner (it was a great Vietnamese meal - I have really missed Vietnamese food since we haven't been able to travel to Pensacola in a while).

Saturday Morning - Saturday morning Son got up and made us all breakfast - waffles, bacon & eggs - yum!! While we ate Lilo watched some of the Baby Einstein DVDs that we have for Collin - it was so cute to watch her, even at 3 months you could tell that she really got into it.

Saturday Afternoon - Then we got ready for the Baby Shower that my friends Rachel (www.thehotpinkpolka-dot.com) and Annie hosted for me. We got there around 11:45 and I was totally overwhelmed with everything they had done! Rachel has pictures on her blog, so you can check them out there - I will be posting them here soon, but our Internet crashed at home last night, so I will have to try again tonight. The theme was "King of the Jungle" and everything was so adorable. They truly must have spent countless hours making all the decorations & getting everything ready. The shower was scheduled to be 12 - 2, but everyone was having such a great time that several people stayed till after 4pm! They really set the bar high for future baby showers in our group - and we have quite a few coming up in the next few months...

Also during the shower Son had a guys get-together at our house. The grilled out burgers, played basketball, and darts. On a side note - Beau loves to be outside when we are, so Son had let him out to hang out with the guys. After a while he noticed that he didn't see Beau around so they all had a mini search party to find him...to make a long story short eventually Son found him sitting in the car, just hanging out & watching all the guys look for him! I can laugh about this now, but if I had been there I would have been hysterically crying, trying to call 911 & probably about to kill Son! All's well that ends well...

Saturday Evening - After the shower I was completely exhausted! I went home and we visited with our guests until they had to leave around 5:30, then I took a nap for a few hours and we went back over to Annie's house to hang out!

Sunday - Sunday morning we went to church, and were supposed to go to lunch with Rachel & Jeff before they had to head back home to Charleston, but I got a call from work that I had to come in at 2pm, so I had to rush home & get ready. I was already planning on working Sunday, but the original plan was to go in around 6pm. I got home around 8:30 and crashed!

Monday - Monday was my birthday!! I woke up and went to work, but on the way in Son called me and was the first person to wish me happy birthday, then my mom called about 10 minutes later, and my dad called me about 5 minutes after that - so the day started off great with lots of good wishes. Then my co-workers took my to Crisper's for lunch (which, BTW I don't know if anyone else has been there lately, but I do not like their new menu! They got rid of like my 3 favorite things!) That night Son took me to a special birthday dinner at Ruth's Chris - we had an awesome waterfront table overlooking the St. John's river & the main street bridge - it was so nice!!

So, that's a summary of our crazy/wonderful weekend! I promise pics as soon as my home computer is cooperating again!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I was wondering what you had done for your birthday! Sounds wonderful. I know you are upset about crispers- you and I tend to order the same thing everytime we go :-) Also, Jeff started to tell me the Beau story and he thinks someone probably was trying to prank Son. He said, "Without thumbs, how would Beau open the door to the car and get in!" I think he had a point :-)

Elizabeth said...

your shower looks like it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! So much fun! Collin is so blessed already! :) And YOU....you look TINY for how far along you are - you are glowing! I'm jealous.

Angela said...

I find it funny that this post is entitled "Quick Note" and it is really long. I love hearing your recaps. We did have a lot of fun at your shower and afterward, didn't we? It was nice to meet Son's side of the family. I'm glad they were able to come down for the shower.

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Mrs. Kay had told my dad that she wanted to see Noah, but when she came out the SS door, he went in!! AH! And of course when he spotted the food it was over... ;) You looked great!