Monday, March 2, 2009

20 Pounds, 34 Weeks & Counting

Well, it's official - I am now 34 weeks & have reached the 20 lb mark...I know that this is totally normal, but it's still a little scary to step on the scale & see an additional 20 pounds! According to my doctor, you are supposed to gain 25 - 35 lbs, and since I was short/small to begin with they guessed that I would be at the 30-35 lb range. I just thought "there is no way" that I would gain that much - especially since the baby will probably be 6 - 8 lbs. Apparently it's all the other "stuff" that really is the majority of the weight - and trust me, I have plenty of the other "stuff" right now! My friend Elizabeth is very honest on her blog about the other "stuff" so it made me take a good look in the mirror lately and yes, sadly, I now have the dreaded "back fat" as much as I hate to admit it.


Up to this point I have really loved being pregnant - and I still do, but lately I have started to feel really tired again, and now my back is killing me by the end of the day. I know that it will be all worth it once I finally get to meet this little baby that is growing so quickly!

This past weekend I finally got around to washing all of the clothes that we have gotten so far. We have really been blessed and little Collin is going to have a full wardrobe by the time he arrives. We received several hand-me-downs from Son's sister Tram - she has a son, Jaeden, who turned 1 in September and has given us several of his outfits. Then last week, a girl at work who has a 1-year-old brought in 2 huge bags of clothes that he has outgrown!

This past weekend I also hosted a baby shower with Angela for our friend Mary Beth who is due 1 day before me! Here is a group picture while we were getting everything set-up for the big event. From L to R: Angela (Approx 11 weeks), Julie (34 weeks), Mary Beth (34 Weeks), Whitney (Approx 16 weeks), and Erin (not pregnant - that we know of :) - That's a lot of pregnant bellies in 1 picture!


This Friday my mother-in-law, Son's brother Quoc, and his wife Kim are all coming in town to visit and Kim & Quoc they are bringing their baby girl Lilo - she was born in December. We got to see here over Christmas, but I can't wait to see how much she has grown since then! I'll post plenty of pictures after the big weekend! They are coming in town for my baby shower on Saturday that my friends Rachel & Annie are giving me - I am so excited!!!

And, last but not least - an updated pic of the bump. These were actually taken last week, so they are the 33 week pics. The picture on the left I took myself, so it's a little awkward. The one on the right Son took for me (notice the TV in the background - he was willing to take the picture but didn't want to get up off the couch - haha!)



Happy Monday!
PS - Special Prayer Request: Son and I have started praying about a big decision that we have to make for our family and are praying that God would give us the wisdom to make the right choice, and that we would be able to distinguish God's will from our own. The prayer request is unspoken for now. Thanks!
"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the TV in the background of the second belly shot. Too funny! Can't wait for the shower- it will be fabulous. Praying for you sister!

Elizabeth said...

honey - you look GREATTTT!!! AND if this makes you feel any better, I am 5 weeks behind you, and when I stepped on the scale this morning, it says I have gained 23 pounds...Looks like I might just go over that 35 pound weight limit! ha ha! You look amazing! I CANNOT wait to see pics of Collin! You tell him to hurry and finish growing!

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

I can't believe how far along you are! I guess living in S FL we sure have missed alot.. Congratulations! I love his name- Boys are SO much fun! Don't worry, it looks like you're carrying him all up front like I carried Noah, & I would bet you'll have it all off in no time- I was a bit panicked too with my weight gain but I kept telling myself- it's him not me! Then he only ended up being 6lbs 7!!

Juliee D said...

Hi Julie
Adding your special prayer request to my prayers.

These last few weeks may fly, but more than likely they will drag. Most women are so ready that the time seems to go slow. My advice to you is to enjoy this precious alone time with yourself and your hubby. After Collin comes, your lives will be forever changed and you will struggle to find time for yourselves.

Your sweet mom cooked a delicious dinner for us. Also, we're going to get together @ Cay Bolin's to celebrate your mom's b/d on the 20th.

Have a good week!

Erin said...

From L to R: Angela (Approx 11 weeks), Julie (34 weeks), Mary Beth (34 Weeks), Whitney (Approx 16 weeks), and Erin (Approx 4 weeks)

...now 10 weeks :)