Thursday, December 3, 2009

Top 5 Gifts For New Moms & Our Three Christmases

Here at The Vuong Family we love Christmas sooo much that we are having 3 of them this year, that’s right, Three Christmases!! (and it has nothing to do with the Reese Witherspoon movie that is advertised on TV like every 5 minutes now…although that is a really cute movie, so if you haven’t seen it you should check it out – definitely with $1 at Blockbuster Express)

Anyways…our first Christmas celebration is this Saturday with my family in Tyler, TX. We always have Christmas Eve with the whole family (Grandparents, Aunt & Cousins), and then Christmas Morning with my parents & sister. We are doing our “Christmas Eve” on Saturday night & I am so looking forward to it!! Mainly I am looking forward to seeing Collin enjoy his first Christmas holiday with family!!

Our Second Christmas will be with just the 3 of us in Jacksonville. We haven’t made any plans yet, but I am imagining us sitting around the tree in the living room watching Collin “open” his presents from Santa & exchanging gifts with each other. Santa will be coming to the Vuong house a little early this year (I am thinking maybe 23rd) since we will be leaving on the 24th for our Third Christmas!

Our Third Christmas will be in Pensacola with Son’s family. We are so excited because the whole family will be there at the same time!! Son’s sister Tram and her son Jaeden will be in from Hawaii, and Son’s older brother, Hao, will be in from Miami with his wife, Alex, and son, Gavin. Son’s twin brother, Quoc lives in Pensacola so we will get to visit with him, Kim & Lilo also! I am really looking forward to having everyone together.

It is a little bitter sweet because this will be the first Christmas in 27 years that I am not in TX with my family, but Son, Collin & I are just being flexible with the holidays to make sure that we get to spend as much time with everyone as possible, and we really didn’t want to miss Tram & Hao and their families if we weren’t there for Christmas Day.

In honor of our First Christmas being just 2 days away, here is my list of Top 5 Christmas Gifts for New Moms:

5. Peterbrooke’s Chocolate Covered Popcorn (www.peterbrooke.com) – seriously I could eat like 10 pounds of this stuff it is SO GOOD!! This is a tradition in The Vuong Family & I know that I am guaranteed to get a bag of it either on my BDay, Mother’s Day, or any other occasion. And bonus for new moms – breastfeeding totally takes care of all the extra calories, so go ahead and eat the whole bag without the guilt! (No, I didn’t get any free chocolate for writing this, but maybe if I send them a link to my blog?? It could possibly work!!)

4. Ann Taylor Loft Gift Card (www.anntaylorloft.com) –because let’s just face it, your old clothes are probably never going to fit you quite the same any more, whether they are too small or too big, it’s just not the same. And if it is the same for you then I really don’t want to hear about it & you can donate your gift card to the rest of us who are practically having to but an entire new wardrobe.

3. Extra Affection / Attention – we all know that babies are ADORABLE, but carrying around the most adorable little bundle ever can sometimes make a new mom feel a little not-so-adorable, so go ahead and give her a few extra hugs & kisses when you see her!

2. A Spa Pedicure – seriously, I had not had a pedicure in 7 ½ months – there is just something wrong with that!! That is, until today when I got one at lunch - yea!!

1. Date Night with Hubby – thanks to Dede & Jimbo (my parents) I will be enjoying this gift at our First Christmas next week in TX!

As you can see, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to give that special new mom on your list the best gift ever!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Have fun on your trip. I can't wait to see all of the pictures you are sure to take....

Last year was hard not spending Christmas at home, like you it was all I had ever known... I mean it was 80 something degrees, I wore a tank top, and it was totally foreign to me. Surprisingly it went really well and I learned that we can start new traditions. I know you will have a wonderful time!

Josh and Rebecca Hewiett said...

I hope you had a wonderful time this weekend! I love making the Christmas rounds during this season - it feels like a month long event. Ours start on Christmas Eve where we are going to Texas and then finish on New Years Eve where we are going to Florida.

Angela said...

Those are all really good gift ideas! And I am totally with you on the Ann Taylor Loft gift card. I have like 4 shirts that really and truly fit, and only a couple of pairs of pants. The weird thing is, some of my pants are still too tight, but some are now too big. How is that?!

I hate that you guys won't be here for the Kay's party!! We will really, REALLY miss y'all. I hope you're having a great time with your family!