Friday, February 27, 2009

For the Texans...

My friend Emily sent this to me, she is a fellow Texan (Baylor Alum) living in Florida. Her and her husband Spencer (also Baylor Alum) have become great friends since we met them at church several months ago. It was too funny so I had to post it & plus I am too tired right now to think of anything creative on my own. Thanks Emily!

Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one entitled, "Survivor, Texas-Style." The contestants will all start in Dallas, then drive to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston and down to Brownsville. They will then proceed up to Del Rio, El Paso, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo. From there they will go on to Abilene,Fort Worth and finally back to Dallas.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with bumper stickers that read: "I Love the Dixie Chicks", "Boycott Beef", "I Voted for Obama", "George Strait Sucks", Hillary in 2012" and "I'm here to confiscate your guns".

The first one to make it back to Dallas alive wins.

Happy Friday!!

Oh, on a similar note we are now the proud owners of a gun...Son got to pick up his gun yesterday & of course I got a full demonstration last night (minus actually putting bullets in). We really need to go to the shooting range soon so that I can get used to it - not that I ever plan on using it, but if there was ever an emergency I want to be prepared. Not to mention how overly protective I am of this little baby that will be here soon.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That is too funny! I am glad that Son did not completely demonstrate the full capabilities of his gun- especially in the house!

Angela said...

Haha that is cute! There's a youtube video about this somewhere...but I think it takes place in Alabama.

Elizabeth said...

that's toooo funny! yea for the gun...I want a small one. All we have is a shotgun under the bed - and I have a hard time not falling over after I shoot it! :)
also - I am sending you a shower invite - not because I expect you to come (wish you could) but b/c I wanted you to know that you and Collin were invited, of course! :)