Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"S" is for...

For the "letter-in-the-alphabet" posting tag that has been going around, I was assigned the letter "S" by my friend Angela at Bringing Creativity: http://angelas-notes.blogspot.com/ - okay actually, it looked like fun so I asked her to assign me a letter.

**I have been working on this post for a few days now...who knew that it would be so hard to think of 10 things starting with the letter "S"??


Here are 10 things about me that Start with "S":


1. "Son" - This was an easy one - this is my husband's name! We have been married for almost 3 years, and he is my best friend! Also, I am having a son in April :)


2. "Sushi" - one of my favorite foods. Even though I can't eat the raw stuff while I am pregnant, I still get cravings for & enjoy the California rolls & other cooked options. The hard thing is that not many of our friends like sushi (thankfully Dustin & Angela do!) so we usually have to go by ourselves - which is hard to find time for lately! My favorite place to get Sushi in Jacksonville is Sushi Rock in San Marco. They have this dynamite roll that is really dynamite!

3. "Sunbathing" - This is one of my favorite activities. Although this year, I will probably look more like a beached whale for the first few months until I lose the baby weight! Son and I love to go to the beach with our friends in the spring & summer, and usually bring lunch and our volleyball net for a fun time. I also like to bring my hot pink floaty and ride the waves, although the last time that we went about 6 of us got pulled out of the water by the park ranger - apparently we were in a "no swim" zone???


4. "Sewing" - this is one of my favorite hobbies. Lately I have been trying to find time to finish the sewing for the babies room, but the sewing machine has become a permanent fixture on the kitchen table until I'm done. My parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas 2 years ago and it has been very useful. So far I have made drapes for the sliding glass door to our backyard (my mom helped with this), curtains for the living room, a baby quilt for my nephew Jaeden, a baby quilt for my neighbor Kellie's baby Danika, a little dress for my niece Lilo, throw pillows for the couch, and now the bedding and other stuff for Collin's room.


5. "Savior" - I believe in the living Savior, Jesus Christ, who was God's only Son, who came to earth, died for our sins, and 3 days later was raised from the dead, so that whosoever believes in him shall have everlasting life!


6. "Sleepy" - I have been very sleepy lately! However, it seems that we keep getting busier and busier with no time for naps...boo! And I know that in just 8 short weeks I will be getting even less sleep.


7. "Swollen Ankles" - this is really the only issue I am having with being pregnant now. It has gotten really gross to look at my feet lately. I used to have very small ankles & narrow feet, and now, by the time I get home at the end of the day they are huge!! I really hope they go back to the normal size when I have the baby - this would be very upsetting if it was permanent.

8. "Spring" - my favorite time of the year! Living in Florida in spring it is warm enough to go to the beach & spend lots of time outside, but it's not yet so hot that it's miserable. Also, my birthday is in the spring so that is good too!

9. "Short" - for everyone who knows me this one goes without saying. I really like being petite (5' 0") - much more so now than when I was younger. The only problem is that it is really difficult to find "short" lengths in pants at most stores, so I end up getting most of my pants & skirts hemmed. Lately though, the maternity stores have had several petite sections, so I haven't had to get any of my maternity clothes altered yet - that's a good thing since I (hopefully) will be able to get back into my regular size before too long - yea!

10. "Steak N Shake" - this is a guilty pleasure of mine! I have been trying to avoid fast food as much as possible & eat healthy, but it is soooo tempting because I can literally see the sign out of the window in my office. I have been good the past few weeks, but I think I may break soon...now you know my secrets!

Have a great weekend & Happy Valentines Day!!

0 comments: